RTSP support

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Fri Dec 26 19:17:34 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 02:16:15PM +0200, Dmitry Deineka wrote:
> Subject: RTSP support
>
> Hi,
>
> As I see in output_rtp.c, getstream2 have some (not used) functions for
> handle rtsp streams. What status of this feature - it's ready for testing or
> not ?

RTSP is not there yet - it was on my todo list but currently i have no
need for it. What RTSP would need would be a more generic output_rtp.c.
Some RTCP support and some web service which outputs the rtsp stream
descriptions.

The http part should be straight forward with the current libhttp
support although it needs some modifications for RTSP as IIRC RTSP needs
a persistant connection which is not HTTP compliant.

A design decision could also be to drop libhttp alltogether and use the
now available libevent http code - its more low-level than the libhttp
stuff i wrote but with a handful of wrapper it should also be straight
forward.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little