Getstream starts to become unresponsive to HTTP requests after a few days

James Creese james.creese at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 22:43:44 CET 2009

Hi,

After doing a bit more investigation, I had 15 VLC instances pulling video
streams in from Getstream. I added --loop to the VLC command so it would
keep reconnecting if getstream goes down. Whilst I had --loop in the
command, getstream became unresponsive within 10 minutes. Removing the
--loop command seems to stablise getstream again. Therefore I'm curious as
to if the http issue is something along the lines of if there's a burst of
http requests, getstream can't handle the requests quickly enough and gets
hung up trying to deal with them all and thus won't handle new requests?

Thanks,

James