DVB Streaming Question

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Tue Jan 13 20:46:27 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:03:24AM -0600, David Devereaux-Weber wrote:
> I'm receiving a number of encrypted satellite channels with two Motorola
> DSR4410MD (multi-decrypter) satellite receivers.  As the name implies,
> they can decrypt multiple encrypted channels (up to 64!).  And the
> output can be ASI or Ethernet.  They are output as a MPTS.  Can
> getstream accept an MPTS over Ethernet and break them up into individual
> multicasts, also over Ethernet?

I just had a quick look - in the end it should be too hard to add.
For making it clean i'd abstract away the demuxing in dvr.c.

Basically dmx.c handles the hardware/kernel filters and dvr.c reads from
the device and demultiplexes the stream into the individual added pid
callbacks.

So id make it a demux.c which calls the leave/join pid functions of the
input channel, and gets feeded the packets ...

If somebody adds a callback in dvr.c to a certain pid, dvr.c calls the
appropriate dmx_join_pid.

When rewriting to also handle network/pipe input id seperate the
demultiplexing and making the callbacks to join/leave a pid be depending
on an input type. Basically for network/pipe input the leave/join pids
would be nops (as they are mostly for budget cards now).

I am unshure how to handle this in the config file though. Currently
the master of all is the adapter as its an exclusive resource. Now
we have instances which have an input which can either be an adapter or
a network stream (even be multicast, unicast, rtp or udp or tcp) or an
adapter with all the lnb/transponder etc settings.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little