HTTP output

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Tue Jul 28 12:33:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 01:02:53PM +0400, Y.Bosco wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There are lines at getstream.conf which read something like:
>
> 	http {
> 		port [someport];
> 	};
> 	output-http {
> 		url /[some name];
> 	};
>
> If you try to open http://[netaddress]:[someport]/[some name] with VLC
> then you could see a movie (if it exists :) ).
>
> I tried to include a link to http://[netaddress]:[someport]/[some name]
> into a web page, but the browser could only save the file (?!) under
> that link. I tried to change browser options but nothing changed.
>
> Is it possible to include links into web pages or not?

This depends on your browser and plugins. You need a plugin
to play mpeg2 transport streams and then one would need to tell
the browser about the mime type served to run the plugin with it.

I think i had some success with firefox under debian/linux but i had
no idea on how to do it with windows and internet explorer. I didnt
find an out-of-the-box possibility to play mpeg2 ts on windows.

Flo
Florian Lohoff                                         flo at rfc822.org
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little
          security shall soon have neither - Benjamin Franklin