HTTP output

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Wed Jul 29 09:27:42 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:20:22AM +0400, Y.Bosco wrote:
> Hi, Flo!
>
> I have one question somewhat to the other side of the topic.
> Getstream works differently at different computers.
> At the comp I'm writing this letter getstream works awfully. There is
> another computer where getstream works perfectly.
>
> As for this computer, if the number of channels in the satellite strea
> more than 2 and the digital stream more than 10 Mbit/s then the image
> has chaotically placed squares (about 20 % of the screen) and the sound
> stops from time to time and even has fragments echoed. This is both for
> udp-multicasting and http-unicasting.
>
> The difference between computers is that this one was made on AMD
> Cempron and other one was made on Intel Pentium 4.
>
> What do you think about it?

My guess is that the ethernet is down to 10MBit/s and you are loosing
frames.

The sound stutter and the broken video is clearly packet loss. So either
the server is to slow - or you loose packets in the network.

When the computer is too slow to handle the incoming packets you should
get getstream kill itself by the watchdog.

I have been streaming 3 complete video transponders with ~20 channels
with a celeron 1Ghz and 256MByte ram - so i dont think your machine
is too slow ...

Flo
Florian Lohoff                                         flo at rfc822.org
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little
          security shall soon have neither - Benjamin Franklin