RTP_MAX_PAYLOAD

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Mon Mar 2 18:36:00 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 04:48:26PM +0100, Frederik Kriewitz wrote:
> I'm wondering why RTP_MAX_PAYLOAD (output.h) is set to only 1000,
> resulting in 5 TS packages in every RTP Package.
>
> I think 1316 (7*188).would be more efficient.

The correct way would be to find the output interface and get its MTU
and calculate back from that if not set explicitly - The world is not
ethernet and not 1500 either ...

Its an arbitrary chosen size - but before changing the default i'd
rather add an option that people can configure it ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little