Strange behavior of several instances of getstream

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Thu Mar 5 19:56:16 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 04:51:42PM +0200, Serg Gulko wrote:
> Strange behavior of several instances of getstream
>
> I tried to run several instances of getstream to multicast DVB-T into
> network. First instance was started ok and I was able to see stream.
> Second also was ok. Third version start throwing following error
> messages:
>
> 2009-03-06 01:34:45.897 streamudp: send didnt send all -1 of 1316 byte
> - Resource temporarily unavailable

I am seeing similar things happen on a Celeron 1000 starting the 3rd DVB-S
Card - it starts loosing TS packets and complains about CC discontinuity
and read/write errors. CPU will not be saturated but even shoveling 3
DVB-S feeds via a normal 33Mhz 32bit PCI bus can be challenging depending
on the used hardware.

> What is this? Is this problems with configuration? Or hardware? Any
> suggestions are welcome.

So my best guess is that your hardware has a bottleneck somewhere.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little