100% cpu usage when closing controling terminal

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Fri Mar 6 07:32:21 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:24:22PM +0100, Jakub Paweł Głazik wrote:
> > Hmmm - strange - i would guess it tries to write to stdout
> > and fails and loops on that. The watchdog then kills it.
>
> I thought the same but why this does NOT work to solve the problem:
>
> # getstream -c getstream.conf > /dev/null 2> /dev/null &
> # logout
>
> Same - 100% cpu usage

When you set an ulimit and then start getstream - close the tty and wait
for it to be killed you should get a coredump because the watchdog kills
with SIGABRT - When you look at the core you might find the loop it
hangs at with bt

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little