adapter lockup

Jakub Paweł Głazik zytek-lists at nuxi.pl
Tue Mar 17 14:06:26 CET 2009

I'm using TechnoTrend 1500/1600 cards (Premium-S) and they like to
lockup randomly. For example I'm seeing situation when one of two
configured adapters hangs and I get output only from one adapter.

dvr.c has a hack for Flexcop cards and on debug output I have seen
that bouncing filter works for TT card reanimation but every now and
then it does not. I would like to detect such situation, getstream
could die and I would do some scripting for bringing everything up again
(module reload or even reboot).

Should it be implemented in internal watchdog or in
dvr_stuck_timer, maybe some retry-counter with SIGABR when reanimation
does not work for a card after N tries?

--
.: Jakub Paweł Głazik,
.: email & jabber: zytek<at>nuxi.pl