Platform bug using getstream on ARM

Stuart Hopkins stuart at linux-depot.com
Mon Jan 25 23:58:20 CET 2010

Hi,
   I've used getstream on x86 platforms for a few years now and have
found it reliable and fast, and to that end have just been trying to use
it on my Sheevaplug (ARM v5 compatible). I ran into a problem however
where no matter what arguments were passed it would error by just
showing the options list...

It seems that the command line parsing is broken on ARM, and im not sure
if its with a library or the check, but if you change below to
getstream.c (line 114):

while((ch=getopt(argc, argv, "c:dt:")) != -1) {

while((ch=getopt(argc, argv, "c:dt:")) != 255) {

it then works correctly and streams data fine. On my little plug PC it
uses around 2% when processing all channels on a single DVB mux.

Any chance the code can be adjusted/edited to compensate for the check
condition, unless 255 doesn't work on x86?

Regards

Stuart