10.04 Ubuntu issue

Ron van Herk vanherkhoek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 10:09:12 CEST 2010

Hi Simon,

It used to work in the old config (9.04 Ubuntu). I upgraded to 9.10
and then straight on to 10.04, I installed the drivers like this:

sudo -s
apt-get install libncurses5-dev hg-buildpackage
cd /usr/local/src
hg clone http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin
cd s2-liplianin
cd linux/include/linux
ln -s /usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`/include/linux/compiler.h ./
cd ../../../
make menuconfig
unselect the folowing module:
multimedia support-> DVB/ATSC Adapter -> Firetv/Floppydtv
make
make install
depmod -a
reboot

The card shows up in /dev/dvb.

I tried Kaffeine just now, also does not recognise the card at all :-(

The card is a TechniSat HD 2 PCI card btw.

I guess it is not getstream-related, but am at a loss what it could
be then. Any idea?

Best regards,
Ron

Op 23-jun-2010, om 9:07 heeft Simon Liddicott het volgende geschreven: