problem with getstream with more instances...

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Fri May 21 09:49:22 CEST 2010

On 5/21/10 3:58 AM, Simon Liddicott wrote:
> This is really a sasc problem. I think you should be starting only one
> instance of sasc that manages all these adapters.
>
> Something like this:
>
> ./sasc-ng  -j 0:3 -j 1:4 -j 2:5 --cam-budget --sid-nocache
>
> Si.

I agree. (Unfortunately) sasc-ng wasn't designed actually with decoding
of full transponders in mind, both in the buffer aspect, and in the way
it sends out requests to the card server (simultaneously). I have a box
with 5 dvb cards, and the only way I can run these is with sasc-ng is
separate sasc-ng process for each card. And it still crashes within 2-3
days, with sasc-ng running out of buffer or something similar -
getstream just doesn't get enough data or gets something that crashes it.

HTH,
Vahan