Lockup of DVB (Technisat Sky Star 2) after multiswitch

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Wed Nov 24 21:34:57 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 02:46:02PM +0100, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i’m trying to configure my Technisat Sky Star with getstream. I already
> had this working when i conectet my card directly to one sat layer and
> turned lnb control off. (We have this LNB which outputs all four layers
> in different cables). Now we got this multiswitch (With two sat inputs A
> and B) and everything stoped working. No matter what i configure I
> always get „dvr: lockup of DVB card detected - trying to reanimate via
> bouncing filter“.

Basically that means that getstream did not get _any_ TS packets from
the DVR device.

> What do i use as the value for diseqc when I want to use the "B"
> Satelite? 1, 2 or 4???

Puh i am not a DiSeq expert. I just put the code there - I would say
try around.

> Do the LNB cut off frequencies have something to do with these error
> msg? Because I’m not 100% sure I got them right.

The LNB has a low and a high band and those need to get signaled. The Bands
had different intermediate frequencies, so for calculating the intermediate
frequency getstream needs to know when to choose which.

> Does it matter that the multiswitch has diseqc 2.0?

Probably - i have a diseq patch in my inbox i have not yet checked ...

Flo
--
                 Professionell gesehen bin ich zu haben ....