getstream & sasc-ng

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Tue Aug 16 14:50:36 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I read through the mailing list archive and noticed several questions
regarding the sasc-ng. I was curious myself so I played with it for a
while until I realized that in order to decode the channels
transparently with the sasc-ng you must use the following switch in the
getstream configuration:

adapter X { budget-mode 0; }

Apologize to those that find it obvious - other guys including myself
couldn't read it in the docs so for the record and google I am posting
it here.

Obviously it would be better if sasc-ng decoded all channels in the
transport with the 8192 pid but until someone enhances sasc-ng this
workaround helps.

Thanks

Petr

P.S. I am curious what are the differences between mumudvb and getstream
- the CPU consumption in the budget-mode 0 is similar between those
apps. Getstream has better configuration and can handle more adapters at
once. Not sure about long-term stability and scalability yet...