How determine DVB-S2 card?

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Nov 20 11:12:59 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:37:17PM +0330, Ali H.M. Hoseini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using getstream for more than 3 years, and it's a very stable,
> light and fast program.
>
> Now I change my card to Tevii S464 S2 card, but when I use dvb-s2 {
> tag in my config file, getstream says the card is dvb-s and this
> option is not supported.
> I'm sure the card is S2, and I easily scan S2 frequencies with scan-s2.
>
> How getstream determines a card is S or S2? and how could change this behavior.

Which version of getstream and kernel are you using?

The S2 API has changed multiple times and getstream tried to adapt but
IIRC the latest S2 API is not supported although i know Jan Benedict has
written stuff to get that working.

I havent had Internet @home for the past Year and no Sat Feed @Work so
have not done a lot for getstream.

Flo