Fwd: [OSM-talk] online survey about the OSM community

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mi Aug 20 13:18:29 CEST 2014

Wer mag

----- Forwarded message from OSMR <osm_research at mail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:47:49 +0200
From: OSMR <osm_research at mail.com>
To: talk at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [OSM-talk] online survey about the OSM community
	tests=[FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001,
	RP_MATCHES_RCVD=-1.298, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=disabled

Dear OSM contributor,

If you are at least 18 years of age and speak English, you are invited to take
part in an online survey about the OSM community pursued by faculty at San
Diego State University (contact info below). In this research, we are trying to
understand what makes a highly diverse and dispersed group of individuals come
together in the process of co-creation. A similar project was pursued several
years ago by Nama Budhathoki, PhD (see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/
Research), who is also involved in this research as we try to understand how
contributor motivations may change over time as the community grows in numbers
and expertise.
The entire survey should take about 20 minutes. At the end of the survey, you
have the option to provide your email address to be entered in a lottery for
one of ten electronic gift cards for [the equivalent of] $100 U.S. dollars
each.
If interested, please take the survey at your earliest convenience at the
following address: http://tinyurl.com/osm-aug14. It will be available to the
first 1,000 respondents during the month of August and the gift card winners
will be notified in early September.
Please contact Prof. Claudiu Dimofte, PhD (cdimofte at mail.sdsu.edu) if you have
any questions.

Thank you in advance for your potential participation and apologies for the
lengthy message in case you are not interested.