Dynamic usage of DVB-cards/DLNA/EPG

Ondřej Caletka O.Caletka at sh.cvut.cz
Thu Sep 16 14:34:58 CEST 2010

 Dne 16.9.2010 14:15, Florian Lohoff napsal(a):
> Think of a network based personal video recorder e.g. present web
> pages with the EPG content and if a user decides to record a show just
> add a "at" job with parameters for netcat (with multicat recording a
> show is a simple netcat into a file terminated with timeout, something
> like (not tested) at 21:55 timeout 3600 nc -l 239.55.55.5 3000
> >recording.2000.ts which will record from 21:55 for 3600 seconds ...
> Some postprocessing for demuxing into a program stream or even
> recoding into divx or mpeg4 (in case of SDTV) could be added as a
> batch job afterwards. Flo
Actually, there is a project called DVBgrab (dvbgrab.sf.net), which can
be used for such purpose.

As new versions of VLC support EPG decoding from MPEG TS streams, it
would be nice if getstream had an option to add EIT data to output
stream, but filtered so that only actual service's schedule EIT is
broadcasted (it would confuse VLC otherways).

As I know, only DVBlast from VideoLAN team supports this feature, but it
does not support as much features as getstream, like HTTP streaming or
SAP announcements.

Cheers
Ondrej Caletka